Dye Sublimation Print
Dimensions: 30″ x 10″
Edition of 5, Signed & Numbered
- Print 1 of 5 | Mark Deuze, Private Collection (Amsterdam, NL) – 2013
- Print 2 of 5 | Richard Stewart, Private Collection (Nashville, TN) – 2013
- Prints 3, 4, 5 are currently available. Please contact me for more information.
MediaLIFE is part of a larger body of experimental works exploring technology glitches and narratives of human progress relying on technological and scientific advancement. I have been formally and theoretically exploring these concepts in my work since 2012. In this body of work, I pursue the following questions:
- If imperfect humans have created flawed technologies, should we invest so much hope in the idea that we can save ourselves – from ourselves – by relying on our technologies?
- Can technological glitches be used to disrupt and critique the salience of technological progress narratives in our hypermediated global culture?
- Are we now post-human…. or have we always been post-human?
MediaLIFE was inspired by the book Media Life by Mark Deuze. Deuze is a professor and media scholar at the University of Amsterdam. I had an opportunity to study with him at Indiana University during the Spring 2013 semester.
You can check out the book here: http://www.amazon.com/Media-Life-Mark-Deuze/dp/0745650007